Sunday, November 11, 2007

Zanone Family Ravioli

For the past year, I've looked forward to the time when I'd get to help assemble the ravioli. It was even better than I had imagined. Chip and I always enjoy time talking and laughing with friends while our children play underfoot, but adding this culinary tradition to the mix made the afternoon truly special. We can't do it justice here on this blog, because the atmosphere is one that has to be experienced to understand. There was a sense of community and purpose that we don't often take the time to slow down and find in our modern age, something simple and pure about gathering together not just to eat but to create and share a meal from the ground up. I suggest that the next time you gather with friends to eat, don't ask them to bring a dish to share. Ask them to bring the ingredients, then take your time and enjoy some conversation and wine while assembling your meal together. Then continue that tradition every chance you get.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

those are great, chip.

Unknown said...

You guys are paisan, thanks so much for joining us. You both did a great job.

Stacey Greenberg said...

awesome pictures--except the one that is clearly payback for the sassy on invisible skates one!

Melissa said...

I can assure you that the Chockley-made ravioli was extra delicious. Grazie mille!

ozone said...

I remember making the raviolli and gravy with my famliy covered head to toe in flour. We used our old zanone family recipe and put everything from veal to calf brains in the filling. My job was to crimp the dough with a fork when the filling was placed. The filling is so good I ate it with a fork. Dennis www.zanone.com info@zanone.com