Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Recipe for Success!

I got a note from Connor's teacher, asking that I send a copy of Connor's favorite recipe to school for a special project they're working on. My mind immediately started to race. Oh, the possiblities! Since I could only send one, I'll share with you the rejects.

Get two slices of bread. Spread creamy peanut butter on one piece, grape jelly on the other. Stick them together so that the peanut butter and jelly touch. Cut off the crust.

Open noodle package. Pour into bowl. Add 2/3 cup water. Cook for 3.5 minutes. Add powered cheese mixture and stir until creamy.

Remove frozen chicken nuggets/fish sticks from package. Microwave for 30 seconds. Then place in toaster oven at 350 for the five minutes you spend plating everyone else's food. Add hot and slightly crispy nuggets/sticks to plate.

Open jar of fruit (in light syrup). Using a fork or slotted spoon, remove fruit (but not much syrup) and place on plate.

Open bag of chips/goldfish/Cheez-Its/cheese puffs. Pour a small portion onto plate. Serve.

I could go on. Well, I could if he ate anything else. But he doesn't. So I won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. He's picky, but seems pretty easy to please.

I like that Spiderman shirt! So, the clothes fit OK?