Sunday, May 11, 2008

Moms

Let's face it, moms make the world go 'round. I'm amazed on a continuous basis at Steph's ability to be a great mother. Same goes for my mother-in-law, and for all the Cocktail Hour moms I'm around on a regular basis. These women always know the right things to do and say to make their kids feel loved and healthy.

But most of all I want to thank the one mother who never seems to get enough thanks-- my mom.



She's the kind of mom you can have a beer with:



She's also an amazingly caring, thoughtful, intelligent woman. You know those 36 things down there, those things that somehow make me loved by others? Most of those come straight from my Mom. (I say "most" because I don't want to attribute the geeky things like comic books and building computers to her.) My temperament? Mom. My salt and pepper hair? Thanks, Mom. Impeccable taste? Mom.

My mom is never the type to take credit for anything. But today, I'm going to give it to her. Thanks for being a wonderful mom. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a sweet son. also, i agree-your mom is great.

carrie

Sassy Molassy said...

Aw! What a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, that has to be the sweetest post ever.

Jan