Tuesday, July 10, 2007

mommymommymommymommymamaaaaaa


For some reason, my kids really love me this week. At face value, that's a good thing. But when you're trying to cook dinner and both kids feel their lives aren't worth living unless they are actually touching you, it starts to wear thin. When you arrive home and sit down for just a minute, to catch your breath after 8 hours of work and a 38 mile day of commuting, it's not fun to have them both on top of you, engaged in a physical altercation over who gets to have more of their butt on your lap. But no matter how annoying it is, when they are whisked away to bathtime crying for Mommy it's impossible to turn a deaf ear. So I drag myself up to their bathroom and cheerily say, "Why don't I give you a bath!" as Chip gives me the "Are you sure?" eyes he has perfected over time. In a few years, neither of them will want anything to do with me, and I'll miss the days when they wanted me to tuck them in. So today, I'm tired. But helpless to resist.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

That's sweet. You're such a good mama! I understand the feeling except these days, Charlie doesn't seem to want to have much to do with me unless I have food in front of me. He's definitely a Daddy's boy these days.