Friday, March 18, 2011

Ms. Sandra

Dear Ms. Sandra,

Your birthday is tomorrow. I know this, because Chloe has told me every day for the last two weeks. She has fretted over what to get you, whether to invite you to her party (which is also tomorrow), and whether you will have a proper party for yourself.

Yesterday, we went to the store specifically so she could shop for jewelry for you. She had very particular parameters: not too plain, but not too fancy, nothing too flashy because you have class and so should your jewelry. She handled literally dozens of bracelets and necklaces before picking out "the one."

I know it won't be the nicest gift you receive this year, but I hope you know that you won't receive many that were more heartfelt. You've been important to our family for many years, and we thank you for all you've done to help make sure our kids are loved and cared for.

Happy birthday, Ms. Sandra!

Love,
The Chockleys

2 comments:

Stanfill said...

so thoughtful

Unknown said...

Thank you oh much for thinking of me, for the beautiful necklace, your love, your kindness and for blessing me with opportunity to work with Connor and Chloe. Thank you for welcoming me into your lives and allowing me to be a part of them. I love you guys (Chip, Stephanie, Connor & Chloe)! You sure know how to make a girl cry. Again, thank you so much!