Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Was Just Blousing. Browsing.

On Friday, I took a vacation day from work in order to finish up my Christmas shopping. I had a list of things I needed to get, and I knew which stores I needed to visit, and I also knew that there is one section of town where most of those stores are located. So I loaded up the old front-wheel-drive sleigh and headed to Wolfchase at 8:00 Friday morning. (Technically I arrived at 7:50. And stores were open!)

I was nervous, but at that time of day Wolfchase wasn't that bad at all. The traffic was really picking up by the time I left, three and a half hours later, but the stores were very manageable. From there I headed back to town in order to have lunch with Tiffany (hey- I deserved a glass of wine after visiting Wolfchase) and do some shopping with her. All in all, it was a very successful day.

Here's a list of the places I visited:
Kohl's
Toys R Us
Old Navy
TJ Maxx
Sports Authority
World Market
Bed Bath & Beyond
Davis-Kidd
Interim
Steinmart
Rack Room Shoes
TJ Maxx (again!)
Pottery Barn Outlet
Williams-Sonoma Outlet
West Elm Outlet

I can't make a list of my purchases, since some of it might be for you! But here's what I bought for myself (discount prices included):
A dress ($5.90)
Black Gloves ($5)
Sunglasses ($10)
Shampoo ($10)
Very reasonable, I think. And practical. I think it's worth noting that I left $100 worth of shoes behind at the Eastgate TJ Maxx- I showed serious restraint. I did take pictures of all of them to show Chip, though. Just in case he's not done with his shopping.

Now I only have one gift left to buy, assuming everything I ordered from Amazon (and Caleb) arrives on time. Now all I have to do is get it all wrapped! I'm ready!

4 comments:

cjaxon said...

You are such a good girl!! I need to do the finishing touch shopping soon. I just cannot figure out what to buy my Connor, one year is a weird age. He already has everything and you don't want to overload them ... Oh, wait. I am supposed to comment on your blog :) I love TJMaxx!! You should be commended for your restraint!

Stan said...

OMG thar's a ridiculous amt of stores for one day! How did you not fall over in the store, to be revived only my starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate?

Sassy Molassy said...

I got stuck in Wolfchase traffic for almost a solid hour Saturday early evening driving to my parents. I wanted to DIE. It was like nothing I've seen since we had to evacuate PCB for a hurricane.

Memphisotan said...

You just described my worst nightmare.