Monday, July 04, 2011

Gastronomy

There was a time when we often regaled you folks with tales of our Saturday night dinners. It was as much about me learning food photography (although some of those old posts make me shudder) as it was about us expanding our palates. I occasionally get paid to shoot food outside the home now, which may be why I do less of it at home.

But let me tell ya, my wife can still cook.

Here's dinner last night:

One of our favorite cheeses-- the incredible grill-able Greek wonder, Halloumi:


Followed by a grilled sirloin in a Chimichurri marinade, roasted new potatoes, and green beans with shallots.


We really don't do red meat often, but I read up on the latest Bon Appetit about steak grilling techniques and did my best. (Also, truth be told, we need to cook red meat now and then to use up our stockpile of big Cabernets, which we can never bring ourselves to open with any other food.)

I almost published this post without saying anything about the fact that today's a holiday So here's a patriotic tart my mom made last year. Happy 4th of July!

No comments: