Friday, June 19, 2009

Wild Week

It's been crazy around here lately, which means I haven't had time to write. I've managed to fit in plenty of cooking, though, so expect pictures soon from Chip. In the meantime, here's a little update about our wild week.

On Sunday evening, around 5:00, various internet sources told me that Rhodes had decided to go ahead and close campus for Monday, June 15, due to the power outage. They would give us another update around noon on Monday to let us know how things were going for Tuesday. Let me just say, this is the best news I had gotten in weeks! For various reasons, I've been working my butt off and haven't been able to take so much as a long lunch for the past few weeks. I needed that day off like a fat kid needs cake. So upon hearing the news, I jumped up, threw my hands in the air and shouted "GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!" while running laps around the house. (Our downstairs has a clear circular path- we run a lot of laps.) Then I realized that there was no one downstairs to celebrate with so I ran upstairs and did a few trips up and down the hall before running back downstairs and finally catching my breath. So awesome!

Then Monday morning they changed their minds and decided campus was open after all, taking away our unscheduled free day. But they can never take away the joy of Sunday night!

So we made it through the storm with no damage at all, and yet Tuesday our air conditioner decided to go out anyway. Yeah, that was awesome. We called Roy and his son Elvis at Rock n Roll Heating and Air. We love those guys! They couldn't come out Tuesday night, but they provided a lot of help over the phone, so we decided to wait it out until they could come on Wednesday so that they would get our business. Then Roy's mom got rushed to the hospital! I sure hope she's okay. But that pushed our repair back to Wednesday evening when we had to pay some ungrateful repairman overtime to come fix it. Seriously, this guy bitched and moaned the whole time he was there! I know my attic was ridiculously hot, but it's not like he was there fixing the AC as a personal favor. I'm paying you, dude! Get over it!

Thursday night we had our last t-ball game of the season. I've really been happy with Connor's experience. However, I think I would prefer a once-a-week schedule rather than twice-a-week. Still, I know this isn't our last sports team. I might as well get used to it.

We also went to the Shell on Thursday, along with everyone else in Midtown, to see everyone and be social. No wait, I meant "to see Todd Snider." In any case, we had a great time on the party blanket and must thank our hosts, the Grauers, for all the food and drinks.

And now it's Friday, and all I can say is, "Whew!"

No comments: