Friday, January 12, 2007

Leftovers

I can't believe I made a list of bad parenting decisions without mentioning the thing that made me want to write about it in the first place- chocolate milk! Connor will only drink milk that is chocolate, which I guess is better than no milk at all. (Or so she tells herself.) Then one day we switched to sugar free chocolate mix and suddenly he wouldn't drink any kind of milk. Or he wouldn't, that is, until I started buying cartons of pre-chocolated milk. So every week I buy a carton and silently curse to myself, while shoppers around me point and laugh. Then I go home and convince myself that the milk is what is giving him these huge, bulging biceps.

I had my introductory visit with the doctor this week. Now Chip and I can both cross that item off the resolution list!

So really, we live in a world where the University of Florida has the national champion in basketball and football? That doesn't make sense.

We interviewed people this week for the open position in my department, and decided to offer the job to one of the candidates. So hopefully I will soon be able to focus on only my own job duties- something that hasn't happened since I returned from maternity leave!

The smart, handsome Charlie Palmer will join Chloe in Nursery II this week. Welcome to the CEC, Charlie! Treat my girl right!

Chloe is still my little garbage disposal, eating anything and everything she can get her hands on. This week's new cuisine includes cous cous and steamed carrots. Her brother also branched out, having pepperoni pizza in place of chicken nuggets one night. With chocolate milk.


2 comments:

Cathy said...

Yea! I'm so glad they'll be in the same class. I'm sure Chloe will be teaching Charlie a thing or two.

Sweet Sassy Molassy said...

JP will only drink chocolate milk, too. We buy Ovaltine, whose iron and vitamin content allow me to pretend like it's all ok. And it's yummy!genevieve