Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Say Cheese!

When you see a picture of Connor that involves a big smile showing all of his teeth, like this one, you can be sure he said "CHEESE!" when I pulled out the camera. I don't know who taught him to do this- it wasn't me or Chip. It's pretty funny though.

Other funny things Connor says these days:
He acts like he is manipulating us into doing what he wants, and I like to believe he's smart enough to do it. He will mention something he wants, and when we interpret it and repeat it back to him, he says, "Okay!" like we had a brilliant idea that we talked him into going along with. Example: "ImawannawatchDO-WaMommy!" "You want to watch Dora, baby?" "Okay!"
His other reaction to our interpretations of his ramblings is to say "Oh." Sometimes it is a surprised "Oh!" and sometimes a disappointed "Oh." Example: "ImatookanapondaPILLowMommy!" "You took a nap on the pillow!" "Oh." What? Did I get it wrong? Why so sad? Or "Morejuiceplease" "Would you like more juice?" "Oh!" Don't act so surprised- it was pretty clear what you wanted! I guess he thinks I'm usually much slower than this.
Randomly- when he sees a bug he says "BUG!" but pronounces it with a long U sound so it always cracks me up. When anything remotely wrong happens (drop something, bump into something, etc.) it's always "OH NO!" This morning I picked something up off of the floor and he said, "Oooh nasty!" And he has a toothbrush with Winnie the Pooh on it, which he refers to as "Poo Poo Bear." Now that's nasty!

No comments: