Monday, March 02, 2009

A Way With Words

I feel like I need to get some of this down for posterity's sake. Forgive me.



Connor loves to make fun of how his sister talks, partly because it's so sing-song-y and fun, but partly because he's starting to recognize bad grammar when he hears it. Here are some things she says that are adorable and that I refuse to correct.

Lots of pronoun confusion, like "Them's got on matching shirts!"
Plus, instead of saying "his" she says "heees," like he's but only possessive. That is definitely my favorite.
Instead of saying "I am going to drop this" she says "I am going to fall this to the ground!" There are a few things she does this way, like burn/fire, but I can't think of them right now. This one is Grammy's favorite.
She has also started ending any directive with "you," as if she's an 80-year-old. For example, "Get me some milk, you!" or "You need help with dinner, you?"


Connor, who considers himself perfect, still says "dinfrent" instead of "different." Don't tell him it's wrong!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Clara says HER going to the store instead of SHE. ha ha ha