Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Chip and I still celebrate our "dating" anniversary, mainly because it gives us an excuse to go out for a nice dinner. Lately this has backfired, as the nice dinner is used to celebrate Valentine's and the anniversary, all rolled into one. Some things were a lot more fun before having children!




I wonder if Chip would have put the moves on me thirteen years ago if he had known that in 2007 he'd be spending our anniversary cleaning up puke and spending the day with a sick, whiny, clinging baby. Those kids in the picture didn't know what they were getting into! But I sure am glad we got into it together. Happy anniversary!


8 comments:

Sweet Sassy Molassy said...

That is so sweet! I'm also struck by the fact that you both own such grownup looking clothes in the "now" picture.

Anonymous said...

Chip,
Well... If you can remember
Unka Stema - that's me! Hope all is well there for you and Stephanie. We are down south in Fayetteville enjoying life and I'm getting grayer and OLDER, but loving every second of it. After 6
grandchildren, life has made an old man of my but still a kid at heart. Get back with us- Stema

Memphisotan said...

Happy anniversary! And no fair getting better looking as you get older!

Cathy said...

Was that picture taken at Fridays? Very cute - I like the fact that you celebrate your dating anniversary.

Stephanie said...

Kristy- I can't believe we have such grownup hair in the now picture!

Cathy- That was at Grady's! (See Kris Jordan in the background?)

Chip said...

SAM-- whatever, I was HAWT back then. Thinking about the shoulder-length hair again.

You're right though-- Steph only gets more beautiful as she gets older.

Unknown said...

Cool hair. How was the Depeche Mode concert that night?

An said...

chip! i forgot you used to have curly hair...