Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Unbearable Lightness of Spring

I am not necessarily conscious of a lull in my mental health, but I can assure you that I, along with my brood, will be in a much better mood in the coming weeks. This will be directly attributable to two things-- warmer temperatures, and more daylight. To the boneheads in Congress, congrats on actually passing something that I support whole-heartedly-- daylight savings kicking in at an earlier date. (Of course, this presents a problem for computers across the country on a level not seen since Y2K, but that's a different story.) The warmer temps allow much more activity outside, which is the only thing that keeps Connor (and consequently, Steph and me) sane. The longer daylight hours allow our weekdays to consist of something other than working, driving home, eating dinner, and watching TV.

So here's what prompted all this-- our first bloom popped up this morning:



We also get to eat fresh herbs again:



We will all toast the time change this weekend with a nice Martini. Ok, AppleJuice-tini for the kids.

No comments: