Monday, October 22, 2007

Window Shopping

You may or may not know that one of my favorite internet shopping habits is to find funny novelty t-shirts and match them to the appropriate recipient. I don't usually make the purchase, because I know at best you would wear the shirt to the gym or sleep in it. In my head I picture you wearing it proudly with a pair of jeans and a smile.

Occasionally I have been known to pull the trigger. I actually bought this one for Connor, and it was a big hit. I also got him the "I Do All My Own Stunts" shirt from Target last summer. (He likes to run full speed into an object and pretend to take a spectacular fall, so I felt it was appropriate.) Lately, I'm having a hard time resisting this.

I did not buy t-shirts for the Libra girls on their recent birthdays, but I did pick them out well in advance. Kristy's is here, at a site that I go to often. (Look around! It's fun!) SAM's is here- the commentary attached to this one really sells it, so don't just look at the picture!

On a website with some really tasteless t-shirts, this one makes me laugh way too hard. If I've ever imagined buying this for your child. . . well, you know who you are. And I hope you healed quickly.

More than picking out t-shirts for Chip, Stacey, Shannon or any of the rest of you, I love picking out shirts for myself. I never buy them, because I know it's too dorky to be allowed. But if you wanted to get me one, I certainly wouldn't turn it down. I'd be able to walk around dressed like a fool, explaining myself with "But Tiffany got me this for my birthday! What was I supposed to do- just sleep in it?"

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I take exception with that big number 7 on Shannon's shirt.

Stacey Greenberg said...

but what would you get rja and warren?

mine is too funny.

this was a fun post! i spent about two hours on etsy today imaginary shopping.

Ginger said...

Stephanie -- I think we should spend more time together. I too cringe at inappropriate apostrophes, take great pride in my spreadsheets, and have a geek crush on Landry. I would wear any of those t-shirts proudly!

Stephanie said...

Stacey- it takes a long time to do an all-link post! In addition to the imaginary shirts I left out, I didn't even bother getting into the ones I really have bought for people. Maybe I'll do a follow-up next time we find ourselves neglecting the blog.

Memphisotan said...

For the record, 1) I would so wear that shirt, and 2) I'll be accepting birthday gifts all month.

Sassy Molassy said...

I must have that apostrophe shirt.

Cullen said...

I am a little upset my Shuffle Up and Deal T that you bought me didn't make the post. And i so want that Mad Spreadsheets Yo shirt. And guess what's coming up in a couple weeks.