Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Best Mojito Evah

Ok, so the fact that I want to write about booze again instead of my kids might mean something.

Maybe that the kids actually make me enjoy drinking even more than I naturally do?

Steph and I have always sorta liked mojitos, but not really looooved them.  Until now.  Here's the recipe for the Blended Golden Mojito, courtesy of the July Bon Appetit, also found at Epicurious.com:
  • Sugar (for coating rims of glasses)
  • 1 lime wedge
  • 1 cup gold (not dark) rum
  • 1/2 cup (generous) fresh lime juice
  • 1/3 cup sugar or light agave nectar
  • 4 to 5 cups ice cubes
  • 12 fresh mint leaves plus 4 mint sprigs for garnish
All of this goes into a blender, so that there are little flecks of mint everywhere, which I find preferable to the muddled mush that is at the bottom of your glass in a traditional mojito.  I didn't have gold rum, so I just used the plain ol' white Bacardi, and it was fine.  I did use agave nectar, which I think is a perfect sweetener for mixed drinks.

This one's a winner.

3 comments:

Memphisotan said...

I just drooled.

Cullen said...

When are you making these for us again. We enjoyed being the guinea pigs for this new recipe.

Mojito Social Club said...

Great!