Friday, July 16, 2010

As Sung By Chloe

When I was a kid, I could not for the life of me work out the lyric, "changes come around real soon make us women and men," from Jack & Diane. I didn't have a specific alternate lyric to sing instead, but I was pretty sure there was something about swimming. . . and then.

Chloe doesn't operate with this same ambiguity. She isn't correct in most of the lyrics she sings, but she is consistent. And CONVICTED. I've tried, in the past, to offer up the correct lyrics. I thought she might appreciate this gesture, since she was clearly struggling. No. Her lyrics are THE lyrics, and I'm stupid to suggest otherwise.

A sampling:

Come on little beat it, BEAT IT!
-Beat It, Michael Jackson

Don't stop! Believe it!
-Don't Stop Believin', Journey

Wake up! Grandma won't you put a little makeup!
-Chop Suey, System of a Down

(However, she does have a lot of this song down cold.)



Cause it's a thriller, in the night!
-Thriller, MJ

Billie Jean's
Not my loooove
She's just a girl
And that, I am the one
But, the chid is
Not my son
- Billie Jean, MJ

This video is at least six months old. She never wavers.

No comments: