Monday, March 22, 2010

Outside

In an effort to get my kids more interested in outdoor play, we recently bought a new swingset for the back yard. It's awesome, and it has definitely had the intended effect.



Connor recently decided to spend his very own money on a pair of roller skates, and thus bequeathed his old roller blades to Chloe. This is another recent occurance that has driven the kids outside more- they want to skate in circles around the carport, where the concrete is fairly smooth.



So we were finally in the groove, and then yesterday it was 36 degrees and rainy. And guess what? My kids still wanted to play outside. Chloe and I bundled up in hats and gloves and I pushed her on the swings, then later on she and Connor did some driveway skating.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the family who refuses to accept this springtime weather setback!

No comments: