Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Morning Update

Friday night was a lot of fun, as was lunch at El Porton on Saturday. It was kind of funny that we had the female half of the bridal party together, and we didn't really ever discuss the wedding! I guess that's what email is for. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say Carrie had a good time.

The not great part of Friday night was when my sexy high heel got caught in a crack on the sidewalk and I twisted my ankle as bad as it has ever been twisted. It was the size of a grapefruit by the time I got home Saturday afternoon! (Fortunately this didn't happen until after we'd gone dancing.) Since I didn't have anything else to do I plopped my fat ass on the couch and watched TV with my foot elevated and iced for the rest of the day.

This morning I slept in until 8:30, which is incredibly late for me. It was awesome! My ankle is not nearly as swollen today, although I am still walking funny. Better than last night when I couldn't put any weight on it at all, but still pretty sucky. I am sad that I won't be running much for the next couple of weeks. Oh well- I had to have some kind of souvenir from the evening! I guess a limp is as good as anything. (Except maybe a new black umbrella, right Carrie?)


But you want to know how I'm doing without the kids. I think about them constantly! I talked to them yesterday morning, and Sherri said Chloe was kind of blah yesterday. I'm hoping it's not because she misses me. They haven't called me at bedtime yet, which is usually when the "I want Mommy" starts, so that's good. The main problem is that today's big game starts at the same time the boys arrive in Nashville, and I can't convince them to just listen to it on the radio on the way home. So it will be close to 4:30 by the time they leave Nashville, meaning I won't see the kids until bedtime. Believe me when I tell you it will be a LONG time before I spend three days away from my kids again. Today is already torturous, and I still have ten hours without them. Maybe I'll drive up there to watch the game- in Cullen's car, so that I don't have to drive home! I doubt it though. I've come this far- I should press on! Plus gas prices are outrageous and I have to drive to Nashville Wednesday night as it is. (But that's another story altogether.)

I guess what I've concluded from this is that my limit on time away from the kids at this point in our lives is maybe two nights- like, if they had left Friday morning and come home Sunday by lunchtime, I think I could have really enjoyed the time without them. I would have been ready to see them by the time they returned, but not anxious because it had been so long. But this weekend is not working for me at all- getting them back tonight at bedtime, and then taking them to school first thing in the morning, is horrible.

But I don't want you to think that my kids are all I've thought about this weekend, so I leave you with this: Yes I know the words to our fight song, and I'm not afraid to use them!:
Go Tigers Go, Go On To Victory
Be A Winner Thru And Thru
Fight Tigers, Fight Cause We're Going All The Way
Fight, Fight For The Blue And Gray And Say
Let's Go Tigers Go, Go On To Victory
See Our Colors Bright And True
It's Fight Now Without A Fear
Fight Now Let's Shout A Cheer
Shout For Dear Old MSU!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

How's the grapefruit?

Anonymous said...

I hope your cankle is doing better.