Monday, November 28, 2005

O Tannenbaum



This weekend we got some Christmas decorations out of the attic. For the first time, Connor was totally into it. So suddenly he's into opening presents (as of my birthday in August, he wasn't interested in them) and enjoying the holidays (mixed emotions about Halloween, but totally into it now!). This Christmas is going to be so much fun!

I was glad I rescued this little tree from the Chockleys- Connor really wanted a tree, and we weren't ready to get a real tree up yet. I found some sports ball ornaments I had bought last year during the after-holiday sales for just such a situation. I threw on some red lights (where did those come from?) and Connor went about the fun task of decorating his first tree. He also had a couple of ornaments Beth brought him last weekend (thank you Beth!) and was excited to make the connection as to what they were for. I have honestly never seen him more proud of himself! When Cullen came over Sunday, Connor couldn't wait to take him upstairs to show him the tree. He lovingly touched each ornament, explaining what it was, and just gazing at the wonder of it. Then Grammy came over and brought Sesame Street and Dora mini-ornaments (those six balls weren't enough!) and we had another big round of decorating. You can see in one picture how he clumped the important ornaments together in the front- the football, Elmo, Dora, and Backpack. (He may have my love for Christmas trees, but not my anal need to space decorations out with a ruler!) Several times since the tree went up, he has turned to me and whispered, "Mommy, can we go upstairs to look at my tree?" I can't describe how much it melts my heart. Adorable!

No comments: