Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dinos

Miscellaneous conversations with a 2.5 year-old:

The other day, I took Connor to school. Right by our house, I turn one way when I take Connor, and the other way when I don't. I made the wrong turn, but then quickly turned back the right way. Connor said, "We not going that way, daddy."
Me: "Yes, Connor, I almost went the wrong way, didn't I?"
C: "We not going that way daddy."
Me: "Nope, we're going this way."
C: "We not going that way daddy."
Me: ...
C: "We not going that way daddy."
Me: ...
(See, I think sometimes he slips into this Tourette's mode, and I just chose to ignore him, perhaps to impart the fact that it's socially inappropriate to say the same thing more than 3 times in a row. Probably not good parenting, but...)
C: "We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy."
Me: ...
C: "We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy. We not going that way daddy."

I had in fact turned to stone by that point.

I guess at that point Connor felt he had lost me, with all the silence...
so he said, "Daddy! I talking to YOU! We not going that way!"

Perhaps ignoring him is not the way to go with this.

Another random quote:
After a particularly stressful bathroom episode:
"Daddy, I pooped a dinosaur!"

Where does he get this stuff from?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious

Stacey Greenberg said...

hahahahahahaha