Thursday, October 27, 2005

Big brother Connor



As you may know, Connor loves to eat "birthday cake" in any form- this includes cupcakes. Right before eating this cupcake, he calmly accepted the news that Mom has a baby sister growing in her stomach. He gave us the Aunt Bethany look and continued with his dinner. It makes me feel better that he "knows" - I really felt weird about keeping it from him. I'm not going to be good with Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy and stuff. I feel really guilty when I lie about things to him, even if the truth would spoil the fun!

I used to think that I didn't want to know the sex of my kids until birth. But I'm the type of person who likes to read TV spoilers on the internet, read the chapter titles before starting a book to see if I can guess what's going to happen- I knew I'd never really stay in the dark about this. And the ultrasound has turned out to be a big turning point for me in both pregnancies. Seeing the baby and knowing what the sex is really makes the whole thing more concrete, and changes my whole attitude towards what's happening. Suddenly I want to get a room ready, and I want to think of names, and I want to buy clothes and diapers. All of the negative feelings I had about being pregnant (I'm sick! I'm fat! I'm tired!) are gone and now I'm feeling positive about it. Beth told me she felt the same way after her ultrasounds. (She also had one this week, and she's also having a girl!)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on ebay looking for bedding for the baby's room . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Baby Girl Chockley! It looks like Connor took the news well . . . or at least he took the cupcake well.

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you guys. i also can't wait to see you and pat that belly.
carrie

Stacey Greenberg said...

a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!

how exciting!