Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Born a Ramblin' (Wo)Man

With all due respect to the Sports Guy. . .

Thoughts while wondering whether Veronica Mars is going to get picked up for a fourth season:

A while back I said I was going to try and stay up later. Well, I can't. If the second half of any game in the Suns/Spurs series isn't enough to keep me up past 10:30, then nothing is. On the plus side, I do occasionally stay up until 10:30!

Connor and his friends have a really weird social system in place. It involves "being friends" with someone on any given day, meaning that they played together that day. I hear Connor talk about the same few kids, but in the last week I've witnessed one (previously unknown to me) kid repeatedly ask Connor, "Will you be my friend? Can we be friends in the gym?" and heard from a Mom I'd never met that her daughter talks about Connor constantly. Can it be that he's a cool kid at school? Do they have those already at age four? What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in his classroom for a day!

Ever since Chloe turned one, she doesn't sleep right at all. It takes her longer to get to sleep, and she's likely to wake up for long stretches of time during the night. She can never seem to get still. What if she has Restless Leg Syndrome?! Whatever it is, I can't take it anymore.

I think I need to write up a list of blog ideas and hand them off to friends who have time to write about them. Then post them here, of course.


Today I was recognized for five years of "service" at my current place of employment. I was briefly amazed, given my propensity for leaving any given job after two and a half or three years, and then I remembered that I already changed jobs once during my five years. So I guess I'm still as flighty as ever.

Last week we had a rough dining experience at Guadalupana. Read a review of the food and tales of my screaming children at Dining With Monkeys.

1 comment:

An said...

your a little girl looks just like you