Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hanging in There

Many of you have asked, so let me answer: This week is in fact going much better for us. Connor has quit being nuts at home, even though he is still getting in a bit of trouble at school. But since I'm not at school to see it, what do I care?

At home, the night terrors have scaled back from screaming, thrashing fits to short bouts of sleepwalking. Last night he got up, and Chip went to check on him. "I can't sleep," Connor mumbled. Chip replied with, "Uh, buddy? I think you ARE asleep." This seemed logical to everyone, so Connor hopped back in bed and fell immediately into undisturbed slumber.

At school, Connor talks too much. You're laughing and saying, "Of course he does! He's YOUR child!" But what you might not know about me is that I'm a rule follower, and when I was in elementary school I was the classic teacher's pet. I think I received one conduct check in all of elementary school, and never got anything but an E in conduct on my report card. If we weren't supposed to talk, I did NOT talk. Breaking the rules wasn't an option! Sadly, Connor is not afflicted with this same unquestioning respect for a teacher's authority.

So there we have it! Week two of grade two is turning out better than week one, and that's really all I could ask for.

No comments: