Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cupcakes and Punch

Despite the fact that a stomach flu swirled around our house this weekend, I still managed to have a wonderful Saturday. Gina, Mom and I threw a shower for Carrie and Maisy, and it was so much fun!


Gina did a great job crafting adorable decorations, and Mom grabbed some always-perfect Muddy's Bakeshop cupcakes, and just like that it was a party.


It was a treat to spend time with Carrie and her baby bump. She is possibly one of the cutest pregnant women I've ever seen, and I'm not just saying that because my niece is in her belly! She's the only person I know who manages to look thinner even as her belly is growing. (Some of us were bloated from 10 weeks onward. No, I'm not bitter.)


Chloe got all decked out in a "party dress" (which some might call a "costume") and enjoyed being included at the girls-only party. However, she was a bit shy and reserved until the end of the event, when the crowd cleared out and the sugar rush kicked in.


Is it possible NOT to melt into a puddle on the floor when confronted with tiny, soft, pink clothing? I think not. It was a great afternoon full of family and friends. I miss Carrie and Shannon already, and can't wait until I can go visit their family of three. Love you!

3 comments:

Kat at Muddy's Bake Shop said...

Oooooh, fun! I LOVE the clothesline baby clothes and Carrie looks fantastic. Glad the party was a hit!
Kat

Stanfill said...

everything was wonderful! thanks so much for the awesome shower. we are lucky to have such wonderful folks in our lives :).

kat, are you the baker at muddy's bakeshop? the prozac cupcakes were the best cupcakes i've ever had. i'm dreaming of them right now :).

Shannon said...

Yes, thank you to everyone for everything! Sorry we couldn't stay longer, but we just barely beat the snow on the way back apparently!

Also, we have already been out for cupcakes since we got back. I like this craving better than Taco Bell for sure!