Monday, January 02, 2012

Resolute

I generally love making New Year's Resolutions. Last year, I resolved to use coupons and to keep a tally of how much I saved. That tally only lasted through March, but I am still clipping coupons and taking them with me to both the grocery store and to Target. A successful lifestyle change!

This year, I am just not finding any motivation to make resolutions. Some of the things I want to do are just never going to happen.(Start taking vitamins! Pay down some bills!) Other things require too much outside help. (Replace the broken window! Tile the kitchen floor!) And a few seem too easy. (Start bike riding! Play more board games with the kids! Drink more bourbon!)

It's not that I'm perfect and don't need to change anything. I just don't care to make any sweeping changes starting this week. I guess I'll just keep on truckin' along and hope that any improvements come organically over time rather than being forced down my throat in the first week of January.

No comments: