Thursday, June 03, 2010

FunderFarm Cookies


I've exchanged recipes for whole-wheat cookies with my mother-in-law in the past, but I've never had the guts to actually try them myself. (I'm not sure if she has or not.) This past weekend at the Memphis Farmer's Market, we tried a sample of cookies made with a mix from FunderFarm and found them to be delicious. We bought the mix to try for ourselves, and Chip and I love the results! The kids are a little iffy, though. They enjoyed the raw dough, but Chloe wasn't very impressed with the flavor of the cookies. Connor seemed a little unsure, but ate almost a whole cookie. He did note that there were "not enough chocolate chips!" which might be code for "tastes different/not sweet enough." He did, however, assert that his sister was "weird" for not liking cookies, at which point Chip and I fell out of our chairs laughing. Then we called him "pot" for the rest of the evening, while enjoying our portion of the cookies as well as theirs.

FunderFarm is at MFM every other week, and I understand their products are stocked at the Trolley Stop Market. I recommend giving them a try.

No comments: