Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Kendo

My first assignment for the Commercial Appeal was published yesterday!  (Link here.)  The pics in the online version are pretty small, but the paper layout was huge and actually made me look like I know what I'm doing.

Of course, I owe it all to Stacey-- she got the assignment in the first place and finagled me into the job.  It was definitely the most challenging shoot I've ever done, what with the fluorescent lighting, the ugly meeting room, and the abundance of fast motion.  I found the Kendo fascinating, though-- so much so that I sometimes forgot to take pictures and just watched.  The speed and fluidity of the motion was amazing.

 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats chip, great job. really pretty pics. next time i see you, i'm going to pick your brain about the flourescent lighting. still struggling with that!

cjaxon said...

Thank goodness for photo editting software! Sounds like your typical Chuckie Cheese birthday party ... horrid lighting and fast movement.
You did a great job though! Can't wait to see more!