Thursday, September 17, 2009

Trading in a Chocolate for a Coin

The Chockleys made the trek to Nashville last week for the long-awaited wedding of my sister Cory and her man Chris Coyne. I was one of the groomsmen, and Connor and Chloe played their parts as ring bearer and flower girl, respectively.

It was a pleasantly odd experience for me, for several reasons. First, it's my little SISTER, man! Since we're 11 years apart, and I left home when she was a kid, I guess it's still sometimes odd to see her as the intelligent, dynamic, mature adult that she is. Second, I was the ring bearer in my aunt's wedding at Connor's age. Thirty years ago. Seeing him do this, and putting on a brave face to help get his 3-year-old sister down the aisle was yet another one of those "damn I'm old" moments, with a dash of proud parent thrown in. And third, on a much less profound level, it was weird for me to be at a wedding with no camera around my neck, since I've gotten into shooting weddings lately.

The ceremony and reception, at Belle Meade Plantation in Nashville, were both simply perfect. I must say, I was blown away by how beautiful my sis was. Just the most gorgeous and stylish bride you've ever seen. The celebration was very true to who Chris and Cory are, which I think should always be the goal. Bravo, guys, and to Mom, Dad and the Coynes too. It was truly special.

I am a bit disappointed that I didn't have the presence of mind to video the father-daughter dance at the reception. I instead stood, mouth agape, giggling uncontrollably, and asked the person next to me, "Is this really happening?" Hopefully Kate Murphy, the wedding photographer, can give me the proof I need to confirm that yes, it did indeed happen.

I can hear it already-- "Let's see the pics!" Sorry, but as I said I didn't touch a camera the whole day. You'll just have to wait for the official pics.

But you guys know we're incapable of blogging without pictures. So here are shots I took at my folks' house of Cory's meticulous wedding preparations. She did all of it by hand, and it was impressive.

 
 
 
  
  
  
  
 

6 comments:

RJA said...

Did those shoes go with your tuxedo?

Sassy Molassy said...

Dude! Edit: "...you've ever seen, except for my wife, of course"!!!

Mrs. Katherine said...

Oooooh! I can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding after seeing how cool the preparations look!

rouxhauser said...

Is their invitation from Hatch? That's the coolest invite ever!!

Chip said...

Yup, that invite was printed by Hatch-- they were very cool.

Cory said...

hey thanks bro!! kate said pics will be up by the end of the week...eeeeek!